Monday, May 18, 2009

A Case of the Grumps

A bad bug has been going through our family the last couple days.

That is...a bad case of the grumps.

The moment I walked into Blaise's room this morning, he started yelling. "I don't want to get out of bed. I don't want breakfast. Go away. Go AWAY!"

If I have the gall to say no to Roman, he has been falling on the floor in tears and screaming, "You don't let me do anything. You are always trying to keep me from doing anything!"

And by saying no, I mean, no, you can't stay up until 11 pm. No, you can't eat that entire package of Reese''s Pieces by yourself. No, we are not going to Disneyland this week.

Blaise's word of the week is "Stupid!" And he has been using it very generously.

Right at this moment he is screaming from his bed that he doesn't want to go to school. It's stupid!

And let's just say that this current bug is slightly contagious. It's hard to be screamed at all day for three days without, um, um... yeah.

I'm not going to deny that there have been very cute things over the last several days.

So, if you'll just all hang tight until I'm in the mood to share them.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

We've noticed the same thing at our house. Fridge raids, late home work, and snide remarks are more frequent. Pony tails combed hurt more, and though dinner was eaten or refused, sobbing uncontrollably I'm hungry when put to bed is the status quo. Even when I'm not certain how little ones can know that big things are about to change, they still "know" on the inside. Its hard for them to face the untried and unknown, as it is for anyone, but I think, more so for those without the abillity to see, plan, or project. They get to ride the rapids, they can hear them; they can't get off, they cannot decide how it will go. Those of us that try to stear are more than challenged. If they would just stop grabbing the oar, screaming at 100 decibles while in a choke hold next to our ear and throwing things over board in a panic we could probably negotiate the rough spots easier!

Emma Lilly said...

At my place it's been about whininess as we both have been sick me with the flu, and Ed with a migraine he can't shake. But I'm sure it'll get better. Hopefully before you move